Reading Time: 3 minutes
Are you tired of constantly running out of pet food or supplies? Do you wish there was an easier way to ensure your furry friend always has what they need? Look no further than Chewy Autoship subscriptions. From how to sign up and manage your orders to the benefits of the program and potential drawbacks, we’ll help you decide if Autoship is the right choice for you and your furry companion.
Chewy Subscriptions: How it Works
The Autoship program provides a convenient solution for pet owners to schedule deliveries of their preferred products.
How to Sign Up for Chewy Autoship
- Go to Account Creation from the Homepage. Chewy’s website includes an account creation tab where you can list both you or the owner’s and pet’s information. You can only shop at Chewy with a subscription, so signing up is obligatory.
- Provide information about your pet. Chewy will ask for their name, birthday, and breed. Other optional questions may ask about your pet’s weight, allergies, preexisting conditions, and medications. You can also upload a photo of your pet. Chewy will customize the shopping experience for you based on your animal’s needs. Once you’ve entered the necessary info, you can start shopping!
- Start Shopping! Chewy’s browsing tab is categorized by animal type and subcategories such as food, toys, and supplies. It also offers preventative care and prescription medications.
- Select Autoship at Checkout. Ordering is simple: add the product to the cart, checkout, and wait 1-2 days for delivery. If you want your item to ship every month, select “Yes” on the autoship option.
How to Change or Cancel Autoship Items
To cancel an order that has not yet been shipped, log in to your account and navigate to the Orders section. Select the order you wish to cancel and click on the “Cancel This Order” link. To change your order, simply cancel it and update your cart.
To cancel or change an order that has shipped, or if you need any extra help, contact chewy in a message with your order number.
The Pros and Cons of Using Chewy Autoship: Is Chewy worth it?
Chewy is 100% worth it because of how much time it saves us on shopping for those everyday things. If your a dog owner, you’ll love not running out of dog food! All those times you’ve fed your gassy dog random food from the fridge because
- Never run out of Food! This is the main draw for Chewy. Dog owners, for example, will not need to lug giant heavy bags of food around. We can’t even imagine how much effort this saves horse owners!
- Chewy sells a wide variety of products that caters to all types of pets, including birds, fish, horses, reptiles, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and more.
- Chewy saves customers between 5% and 10% on recurring orders on top brands like Blue Buffalo!
- You will get access to exclusive deals and promotions on pet products, including 30% off your first auto-ship order.
- Excellent customer service. Chewy is available to help their customers 24/7 live support on email, phone & chat.
- Satisfaction is guaranteed on 100% of items. If you or your little fluffy amazingly perfect companion are not satisfied with your purchase, returns are easy!
- Chewy is online only. This can be a downside for people that want to try out new things and are unsure how the product will look or feel. But, with Chewy’s 100% satisfaction guarantee, products are easy to return.
- The minimum for free shipping is $49. This can seem high for some shoppers. But, most pets will require at least $49 worth of food, treats, and other items each month anyway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who owns Chewy?
Chewy is owned and operated by PetSmart.
Does Chewy have a Rewards program?
Chewy does not have a rewards program, but they are known to surprise customers with custom gifts, and offer their customers Chewy-exclusive discounts on major brands.
Does Chewy have same-day or next-day delivery options?
This depends on the product, but Chewy tends to have very quick shipping with most items arriving between 1-2 days.
What is the Chewy Dog Subscription Box?
Chewy has a dog and cat subscription called the Chewy Goody Box. It costs $24.99 per box and comes with treats, toys and bandanas.